Unrelated Thoughts

Friday, May 20, 2005

Boring, boring!

Awwwwwful!

Japan TV is sooooo boring...

It's good there's a TV4all page over there (as well as BitTorrent) so we can watch some decent TV here... Now, music isn't that good either. J-Pop has been largely overestimated, and it sounds to me "as good as Televisa-made music".

Pilar made a big deal on me when I decided to bring all my CDs to Japan. It's true, they used to occupy a lot of valuable space at home, but now that she decided to accommodate them on two nice wooden shelves, they are not only not hindering our way, but actually they look nice!

Anyway, I wouldn’t be able to survive here without those CDs. I have ripped them all and I have them on my laptop, but anyone who loves music will understand me when I say that there’s nothing as putting the record on the player, with your own hands, after looking for that specific one in your private collection.

One nice discovery that Pilar made (which has improved our musical condition here) is that our favorite Peruvian radio station (Doble Nueve) has a web page… and is on the air!!! (on the net???). That’s good ‘cause even if you have many records, you can’t always listen to the same stuff day after day, can you?

Japanese people, of course, don’t find TV and music as boring as us gaijin do, but they’ve grown with them, don’t they? They’re used to both! If you plan to come here, don’t forget to bring your most beloved CDs, DVDs, and try to invest (quickly!) on a nice computer with internet connection. You won’t survive otherwise…

2 Comments:

  • Hi!
    I also think Japanese TV and music called J-pop is not good,and I always listen to internet radio.
    ...just wanna remind you that lots of Japanese like me trying to survive in Japan :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

  • Hey! You're right! And that's great! Thanks for reminding me that!
    As well as there are many people in South America who don't listen to "salsa" or "merengue" (me included), I'm sure there're lots of Japanese who don't like J-Pop... We gaijin are not alone!
    And you made a point on Internet radio. Thanks to it we can listen to decent music... free! If I were supposed to just buy CDs here, I'd get poor very soon... CDs are so expensive!
    Anyway, thanks for your comment!

    By Blogger Giancarlo, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home