Unrelated Thoughts

Monday, June 20, 2005

The simple mind of a bachelor guy...

I don’t have anything against bachelors. I was one myself once. But I can’t really understand how a bachelor friend of mine can’t (or doesn’t want to) understand me. Or maybe I’m the one who doesn’t understand him! Who knows?

Maybe he’s just too young. I’m sure he’ll get it someday. Married guys are not absolute owners of their weekends! And of course I’m not saying that married guys should subordinate to their wives. Of course not! But once you’re married, you’ve got to make family plans for the weekend, and making family plans means to discuss them with your wife and then deciding what to do. Not coming to the house shouting “Velma! I want my food! And change your clothes that we’re going to have some beers with my friends!” No. That’s the perfect recipe for self-destruction.

I won’t ever pretend to say that once you’re married life is over. Kaput. No. I’m just saying that you should not decide what to do JUST by yourself, without checking first. You know why? Because it’s the same behavior that you’d expect from your wife!

I hope he’ll finally get to understand this.

2 Comments:

  • Hahahaha to the point with 99.9999% accuracy! But I would like to do the "Velma" think once to see what will happen (when I'm suicidal someday)!

    By Blogger The Furui Man, at 8:06 PM  

  • Hahaha...you dare to do tht Chris? Good luck!
    Ai Ling

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home